Sunday, May 19

Statement Skirt

 photo IMG_5987_zpsf20a5d45.jpg  photo IMG_6004_zps0e9b37a6.jpg
I splurged & bought this Zara skirt on my birthday last December (outfit instagrammed here).  Sequins were everywhere last winter and I knew I would break eventually- I'm just glad defeat turned out to be in the form of this skirt. While I'm no longer seeing the same slew of sequined skirts in stores, I am seeing a lot of playful floral, tribal, striped, patterned mini skirts. Before, I used to automatically associate these "Statement Skirts" with heels, a strappy tank, a clutch, and a night out. But now I've been loving the more casual, daytime look: like playing down a sequined skirt with Toms & a light wash denim jacket.

 photo WineryCombo2_zpsc6c4e23e.jpg  photo IMG_6007_zps68e5356c.jpg

What do you guys think about statement skirts for summer? Are you going to give them a try?

JACKET Victoria Secret, old, but similar choices here / TANK Aritzia / SKIRT Zara, old, but similar here / SHOES Toms / RINGS H&M, Tiffany's / SUNNIES Ray Ban

-Nisha

ps- A big thanks to Kate, for featuring me on her blog! Visit hers, here!

Follow Me On Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. In love with that skirt!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is suuuuuuuuuch a cute outfit!! Everything works really well! x

    http://perksofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the sequined statement skirt works really well for casual summer outfit or more dressed up evening outfits! Another good Zara purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Zara doesn't disappoint recently! Thanks Ro! :)

      Delete
  4. great outfit!
    Follow you! :)


    Have you seen my Giveaway with OASAP on my blog?

    Love,
    Verena from Who is Mocca?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for following :) I hope you enjoyyy

      Delete
  5. Love the skirt and loved the way you styled it!

    www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!