Monday, May 21

Mixing It Up


Sweater- Brandy Melville, Skirt- J Crew (old, factory store), Bag- Steve Madden, Belt- H&M, Bracelets- LF, Shoes- Forever 21, Ray Ban sunnies 

This past weekend I made my first visit to Tahoe! It was that awkward, in-between season where the mountain is adjusting to warmer weather while I was adjusting to driving on "roads", up cliffs, with no guard rails. Despite all this, it was beautiful and everything I imagined it to be- waterfalls, breathtaking views, etc. No (good) pictures because I was dying and out of breath for majority of our hike, as I was stupidly trying to follow my boyfriend while he blazed his own trails through the mountain and ended up doing lots of unnecessary jumping and climbing (see: Parkour, ha). Sorry, blame him!

Anyway! We ended up loving our resort and extending our stay an extra night. Of course, this was the first trip in my packing career that I ended up packing exactly how many outfits I would've needed for our originally planned stay. So I had to get a little creative towards the end. I originally  brought this sweater because one, I've been living in it for weeks, and two, I love the way it looks with my light-wash denim shorts. I was pleasantly surprised at how it also seemed to work with this floral skirt. Sometimes, all you need is a little push to get creative and see your clothes in different lights! I love how the sweater takes on the feminine feel of the skirt, when usually I wear the sweater a little more grungy, with sneakers/Tom's. This outfit may have just found it's way into my spring wardrobe rotation.

What have you guys been wearing recently? I hope you all had a great weekend too!



13 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful, love the skirt!

    http://dugongsss.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing outfits similar to this and I love the belt and this whole look on you. Very chic and I hope you had a great time in Tahoe. I really like going there even though the weather can be a little tricky this time of year like you said.

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WHOLE OUTFIT!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your outfit is SOO cute nisha! Tahoe sounds beautiful, love to visit there too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this outfit is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely outfit!!
    follow you!if you want check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree- that's when i get really creative: when i have to haha! nothing like contraints to get your mind working. and the result here is lovely! the weather here is kind of on-and-off too, so a look like this is perfect for the season. i'll be keeping it in mind for my own styling!

    ~Britta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your floral shorts! They look so pretty on you!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your outfit !! :)

    Cute blog dear, consider me your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea pairing the sweater with the feminine floral skirt! It looks so lovely! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love it your blog^^

    new in - oasap♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look sooooo pretty!!! absolutey love this look! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!