Monday, March 19

Drunk Cupcakes?

Don't get too excited.. you can't really get drunk off these cupcakes! Though I wouldn't blame you if you came to that conclusion after surveying the list of ingredients. These "Irish Car Bomb" Cupcakes are made with a Guinness & cocoa batter, an Irish whiskey ganache, and a Bailey's buttercream frosting. Woo, that was a mouthful. 
I adapted this recipe from Deb of Smitten Kitchen, for whom I can't even express my love for in words. I don't even know where to begin.. Basically, her recipes are not only creative, they are amazingly accurate and thus can be utilized by beginners as well as experienced cooks. She'll take you through recipes step by step, and make you laugh the entire time. Oh, and saying her pictures are simply aesthetically pleasing would be a gross understatement. 

The only changes I made to this recipe were adding a little more whiskey to the ganache, and a little more Bailey's to the frosting. I wanted these cupcakes to pack a flavorful punch, and that they did! Although these obviously fit with the theme of St. Patty's Day, I might actually make them again since they were just. that. good. If you try them out, let me know! :)

6 comments:

  1. Nisha! I love Smitten Kitchen too! And I also made "drunk" cupcakes for St. Patty's day, although mine were not from smitten kitchen(food network) and they only had guiness(no whiskey & baileys). So maybe mine were "buzzed" cupcakes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a girl crush on Smittin Kitchen, haha! & "Buzzed" cupcakes- I love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh those look delicious! Bailey's is my favourite, I've never tried it in cupcake form, but I think I will soon despite St. Patty's day being over ;)
    Ayesha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Baileys, you must try the Bailey's frosting!- even on just plain chocolate cupcakes. I felt like a child licking the frosting off the cupcakes, lol :)

      Delete
  3. You would make these... this makes me re-live our Ireland St. Pattys experience with the Guinness Factory. I like how you added the sprinkles on top. Makes it pretty but as you said "packed with a punch"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I haven't been baking as much as I wanted to be. I seem to be running around all day and not spending enough time at home to cook :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!