Monday, January 16

Purchased

It's halfway through January, and I am still unable to clearly articulate my new years resolutions. This year, it seems that my thoughts, goals, ideas, etc have been more scattered than ever. The good news is that I will spare you from reading a long post detailing what I plan on doing differently this year, and instead you'll probably see bits and pieces of them in random posts. 

However, one definite resolution I have is to budget and detail my spending habits effectively. Last year, I started using Mint, an excellent online tool for budgeting and managing finances. My only issue with Mint is that when I analyze my expenses, I generally see one large, lump sum amount under the "Shopping" category- no doubt I am always receiving warning emails from Mint that I have exceeded my predetermined budget. Yes, I hope to spend less this year. But more importantly, I am aiming to make fewer, more satisfying purchases. Towards the end of last year, when I graduated and began working full time, I also realized that I wanted to move towards a more simplified wardrobe-one with basic, versatile pieces. 

Inspired by Rachel's post on her 2012 Spending Strategy, I am going to start posting my purchases, so I will be able to catalog them and evaluate them at any given point. I agree with Rachel that this could get a tad embarrassing, but I am willing to give it a try. Oh, and I feel like I should just put this out there right now- I am a compulsive online shopper.. 
Nordstrom, Anthropologie
How do you guys budget and manage your shopping habits addiction?
Thanks for reading and sticking around through my randomness!

8 comments:

  1. That's a good idea to use places like Mint to budget. I really need to start using something like that. I love that HoH necklace! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I debated the HoH necklace for a week or so because it's a bit pricey,but I couldn't resist.. Not such a good start to budgeting but oh well =p

      Delete
  2. I adore the necklace, really nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace very much!
    xo

    mydutchfashionstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... we need Mint! How did I not know about this before?!
    ...I wonder if it helps shopaholics like us?

    Love that statement necklace! Its so edgy!

    PS: Just blogged about the bag (large wallet) you got me... I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dupe for that necklace!!!
    http://www.gofavor.com/fashion-black-geometric-shape-choker-pendant-necklace.html

    I am debating on buying it! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, that dupe is amazing! You need to buy it! I've been wearing it non stop to add a pop to so many different outfits!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!