Monday, January 23

NARS Taj Mahal



I bought this little gem a couple months ago, but since I started working, my experimentation with blush has severely decreased. Still, I knew I had to have this when I saw the beautiful, orange color. For someone who hasn't really experimented with blush all too much, and who hadn't owned a NARS blush before this one, it was quite the bold move. 

The picture above was taken in the sunlight, and you can see the heavy amount of shimmer and gold flakes! While admittedly beautiful, I prefer more matte blushes to avoid my face turning into one big glitter fest at the end of the day. Luckily, NARS blushes are known to be highly pigmented- a little goes a long way-and this one is no different. The orange really comes through, even when lightly applied. 
More heavily swatched for picture purposes
My only issue with this blush is that most of it seems to rub off after 2-3 hours, and all that's left is a twinge of orange and a lot of gold. I still think that it's worth it for those couple hours, since it is such a different and gorgeous shade. NARS also has a similar eyeshadow shade in its "exclusive" duo, Balthazar. It has a steep price tag of $33, but wow, the 2 colors are absolutely stunning!

Do you guys own any NARS blushes? Would you wear this color?
Thanks for reading!

-Nisha

6 comments:

  1. havent tried nars blush but the colour is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its such a beautiful color! love it! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color!
    I am thinking I might need to purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently fallen in love with NARS' blushes. But you are right I have noticed that a few hours after application I can't really see it anymore. I think because I am new to blush that I am probably not really putting enough on out of a fear of over blushing! That said, I have purchased four NARS blushes in the last few months!

    Love the blog!
    Kassandra

    www.aposhmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nars blushes, and would definitely try out this colour! xx

    http://and-the-beast.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!