Monday, September 19

Holy Grail Hair Care

I love trying new hair care products. But since I don't have a regular hair care routine-besides for you know, washing- I am extremely selective of which products I let into my "inner circle". That being said, I'm on what seems like a life-long journey to find volumizing products that don't weigh down your hair. 

This Bumble&Bumble surf spray is the best product I've tried so far that gives volume and wave. Added bonus: it smells freaking amazing. When I first bought it, I felt guilt for paying the steep $23 for just 4oz, thinking that the beach hair look may just be a phase. But I've had this little bottle for about 6 months now and I've actually found many uses for it. To achieve the beach wave look that surf spray is generally used for, I spray this about three times on my wet hair at my roots. I also use this as a dry shampoo of sorts. It revives unwashed hair (don't judge- we all have those mornings) and adds more volume to my hair than a normal dry shampoo. The most frequent use I found for this spray is when my hair is wet, I throw it into a messy bun while I am getting dressed and putting my makeup on, and spray this twice onto the bun. When I take my hair down, it has amazing waves. I am usually out of time at this stage in my morning routine, but blow drying your hair at this point would give it soft, long lasting volume. This spray is a little on the expensive side, but seeing as I found other uses for it I think I am willing to buy it again. Conveniently, Bumble&Bumble is available at Sephora.


Ok, I've bought this shampoo at least 5 times. That says a lot, seeing as I generally like to shop around and see what's out there instead of committing to one shampoo. If you've had a keratin treatment or just generally like to stay away from sulfates, as I do, then I strongly recommend this shampoo. It's one of the few that I found to have almost the same cleansing power as a shampoo that contains sulfates. I'm hoping it's not just my imagination, but I feel as if my hair has a nice volume and texture to it after using this. The little things help too: it smells very good, but not overwhelming, and the packaging is cute. If you live nearby a Safeway, you can frequently find these shampoos and conditioners on a buy one get one free promotion. 

Do you guys have any holy grail hair care products? Thanks for reading!

-Nisha

11 comments:

  1. this sounds amazing and the packaging is so cute!
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bumble&Bumble products. The coconut shampoo and conditioner smells AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound like great products! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. must try that coconut milk shampoo..

    Beautiful Blog btw =)

    -Mia xo
    http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna try Bumble and Bumble. Im tempted to buy but not sure.

    Holy Grail of Hair Care....hmm..
    I love this Argan Oil by One 'n only. Great shine and good smell. My hair is smooth and great all day. No need to reapply.

    I also love Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo and Conditioner, keeps the hair intact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give that shampoo a try ! I usually use Kerastase oleo relax. Thanks for writing this review ! Kisses and if you want we could follow each other, let me know if you are interested !

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post! I've actually wanted to try out the Surf Spray for ages and ages, I've just never gotten around to buying it. I'll just have to get it asap, I have such problems with getting waves in my hair - maybe this will help? The shampoo sounds amazing as well <3 :)

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!