Wednesday, May 18

Bollywood Dreams

Growing up, I always wanted to be a Bollywood actress. I used to watch Indian movies relentlessly. The same ones over and over again. Now that I have (kind of) come to terms with the reality that my chances of being a Bollywood actress are somewhere between 0-1%, I settle for the simple joy of dressing up like a Bollywood actress and attending events like my cousins wedding this past weekend.

Every actress always seems to have the most fresh and naturally glowing face that matches the delicacy of their beautifully draped saris. So obviously, I had to figure out a way to imitate the look. I decided to try NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural. 

After reading many reviews, I had faith that both products would give me the glow I was looking for. What I didn't realize, and was pleasantly surprised by, was how well they photographed! Even when I was under a light, my skins imperfections were not visible. I love the versatility and reliability of these two products: they can be used everyday, as well as for big events. 

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona; MAC Foundation Brush #190 
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Medium Dark; Royal&Langnickel Kabuki Brush


Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm obsessed with your sari!! no wait, I'm in love. It's not okay, haha. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like a bollywood actress! you can do it girl. go for it! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sari! I've been begging my mom to buy me a white one but she hasn't :(


    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sana- It took me so long to convince my dad to let me wear it but he finally did! Keep trying :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!