Thursday, April 28

Whites and Brights

Two things I'm absolutely obsessed with right now: white pants and orange lips. These two trends seem to be invading style blogs and I am absolutely loving it! I love wearing white, even though I tend to get whatever I am wearing dirty within minutes. With makeup, I tend to be more conservative, but I decided to experiment with orange lipstick and I actually love the look when paired with the right outfit. 
 These pictures were taken outside our hotel in Pleasanton, CA this past weekend. 
 

Shirt- UNIQLO, Pants-Urban Outfitters, Shoes-Forever 21, Bracelets-H&M
For weeks I hunted for the perfect orange lipstick. I felt like the orange ones were way too orange and the coral ones were way too pink. I ended up finding the perfect combination of Revlon lipsticks at the drug store.

  
Both  lipsticks come from Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick line. The lipstick on the left is Coralberry. It is very pretty by itself, but also looks great dabbed on after applying the lipstick on the right, Siren.


The combination of these two is great for a less intense, but still bold orange lip, and the color stays for a decent amount of time. The only drawback of these lipsticks is that they are not as moisturizing as they claim to be. I generally like my lipsticks very moisturizing, so this may not be a problem for everyone. I just dabbed a little bit of clear lip balm (Vaseline works too) after I applied them and it was an easy fix! 

What spring lipsticks have you guys been loving recently?
Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. I like your blog! The pictures are soooo nice! I am following you now!

    Btw, your outfit and bangles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! I think an all-white getup is so refreshing and chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! im so into coral and orange too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!